2008年5月13日火曜日

Epiphanies

So, the semester ended with a strange explosion of ideas and a sour taste in my mouth. Mostly from when I checked my grades. Man, last semester was harsh.

As an artist, our greatest foe is the "artist funk", or when you can't get anything to come out right, or you just can't develop ideas at all. It's like that special way of seeing shuts down for repairs. Well last semester I was plagued with it. My artist eyes took a very long blink if you will. All ideas became a single strange of idea. Which I will scan and post later. But needless to say I was fucked in all of my classes. The solution for me? Introspection! Its painful at first, looking at your self. You see everything bad as well as good. And most of the time for me I encase things with the bad, so it took a while before I saw the good. But, once I carved away at the bad stuff the pain they brought was less and less. Then I discovered a wealth of good things, and I've been exploring them a lot lately. To my joy, this has cause several epiphanies and literally thousands of ideas for both my paintings and ceramics.

I'll have to go into this later tonight. I'm still cleaning house from the surprise (but very welcomed) party we had. :)

Cioa!

0 件のコメント: