2007年10月13日土曜日

I crushed her leg.

Today was kind of hectic. I woke up early to go to work so I would be allowed to take two lunch breaks and one would be 2 hours long. So I knew i would have to work my ass off at work today. Which is okay, I don't mind working hard and the work at hastings isn't all that stressful.
The reason for the dual lunch breaks is due to the fact that my ceramics professor felt that it should be required to meet a visiting gallery artist. So, today, I got to meet Stan Welsh. He was pretty nice, I'm not a fan of his work in the least. Don't get me wrong, you can ask everyone, I gave him an honest chance, I even stayed for the entire lecture. I also spilled my friend Anna's drink all over her lap too. It was pretty horrible. I felt so bad, and was completely embarrassed. During most of the lecture I thought about why I haven't had any urge to make any art, or really, to make the art that my teachers want me to make. I'm pretty behind in my classes due to some personal stuff thats come upon me. I shall give you the tip of the iceberg:
My great Grandfather died, My mother had another Cancer scare (don't worry she's okay now!!) and next week I have a biopsy because my doctor thinks I might have cancer in my neck... Wouldnt you be stressed?? Aside from that, shits been peachy.
I'm currently reading Brian Jacques Redwall, a tale of clerical mice who overcome much trouble. Currently I'm on the first set of books (there are 19 sets I think , each with about 3 books inside them). Today I also bought three new books. Mercedes Lackey's Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, and Magic's Price. A three book series called "the Last Herald Mage" I've heard its really good. So, we'll see.
Lately, I think more and more about just being totally focused on my art and my creations and not to worry about other matters. Sometimes it seems hopeless. Like jumping in the white rapids of a raging river.
My love for Fantasy and Medieval has reclaimed a lot in my heart. Reading all these books and just thinking about life has caused such a renaissance of the Renaissance! I've sent off for a medieval cookbook; which I am desperately waiting for. I can only imagine the meatpies and goblets of wine! Mutton and Grayling! Oh it all sounds so wonderful and fantastic. All the breads and sauces, spices and flavors... I just can't wait for it to arrive.

Well, I should get to bed, I have work in a few hours. Ciao.

1 件のコメント:

Daniel さんのコメント...

gah! this is why we should talk more. then i would know these things. think i'll call you up and just chat sometime this week...
been busy as hell myself, tho. i think i've slept maybe 30 hours in the past three weeks... that could be an exaggeration, but i still feel stinkin' tired all the time.
That's not an excuse tho! todo list: call nathan.